Because the digital atmosphere advances and the world depends on know-how greater than ever, notably after the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, organisations are more and more recruiting tech professionals.
Lately the know-how sector in Nigeria has been quickly rising when it comes to attracting funding, scaling exterior the nation and attaining unicorn statuses. In 2022, Nigerian startups accounted for 27.4% ($967.2 million) of the overall funding. All of those have culminated in a rise within the demand for expert professionals.
The enchantment for tech jobs is powerful as a consequence of quite a few causes. A number of the causes vary from excessive salaries, alternatives for development and constructive affect on the financial system. These good points make them enticing profession choices for people with the suitable expertise and experience.
We curated a listing of high-paying tech jobs in Nigeria in 2023 to assist make your determination simpler. Whatever the stage, you might be in your profession journey, this text highlights the abilities, and expertise you may want to amass to land that high-paying tech job.
To standardise our record, we used Glassdoor’s wage index. The salaries we used are the bottom (least) salaries you may anticipate from every of those tech jobs as a newbie. Additionally, the common expertise of all the roles in contrast is 0 – 2 years. We anticipate that as you progress and achieve extra expertise in your profession, your wage will enhance.
On this article, we are going to take a better take a look at the highest 10 highest-paying tech jobs in Nigeria. They’re Information scientists, Product entrepreneurs, Java builders, Software program engineers, Content material entrepreneurs, Enterprise analysts, Machine studying engineers, DevOps engineers, Digital entrepreneurs, and Database directors.
1. Digital marketer
Common annual wage: ₦1,800,000
Digital advertising and marketing managers are chargeable for the general digital advertising and marketing technique of an organization. They’re accountable for the day-to-day administration of tasks and make sure that they’re accomplished efficiently. Digital advertising and marketing managers handle social media campaigns, content material calendars, and preserve the corporate’s content material, amongst many different duties. Additionally they will measure the effectiveness of assorted advertising and marketing campaigns.
Expertise required for Digital advertising and marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (search engine optimisation), Search Engine Advertising (SEM) and social media advertising and marketing.
- Content material creation
- Information analytics.
2. Content material marketer
Common annual wage: ₦2,400,000
A content material marketer’s position is to develop a constant model id for a corporation and set up its on-line presence. This job entails overseeing advertising and marketing methods to have interaction prospects and make sure that they’ve a constructive view of the corporate and its services or products. They use info, equivalent to metrics and statistics, in regards to the goal prospects’ demographics and preferences to create multimedia content material that raises model consciousness.
Expertise required for Content material entrepreneurs
- Information of content material administration techniques (CMS).
- search engine optimisation greatest practices.
- Gross sales and content material advertising and marketing instruments.
Associated put up: 4 organisations coaching African youth in tech expertise like coding
3. Enterprise analyst
Common annual wage: ₦2,400,000
Enterprise analysts accumulate and analyse knowledge for potential enterprise enlargement. They determine particular enterprise alternatives and affect shareholders to assist enterprise tasks, lead tasks, and coordinate with different groups to provide higher outcomes and outcomes. Additionally they check out the enterprise processes and advocate related enhancements.
Expertise required for Enterprise analyst
- Certification in essential packages equivalent to Agile, SQL, or Scrum.
- Fluent in statistics and in a position to conduct enterprise course of evaluation.
- Fundamental programming expertise.
4. Machine studying engineer
Common annual wage: ₦2,400,000
Machine studying engineers are the designers of self-running software program that brings machines the power to automate fashions which might be predictive. They work with knowledge scientists to take info and feed curated knowledge into the fashions that they’ve uncovered or found. They use theoretical fashions throughout the knowledge science sphere and construct them out to scale as functioning and productive models or fashions that deal with terabytes of real-time knowledge.
Expertise required for Machine studying engineering
- Fluency in relevant software program, techniques, and processes, equivalent to SIRI, APIs, JAVA, and C.
- Expertise with algorithm design and pure language processing.
- Comfy working with huge knowledge, statistics, and frameworks.
5. Information scientist
Common annual wage: ₦3,000,000
Information scientists utilise their analytical, statistical, and programming expertise to gather, analyse, and interpret giant knowledge units. They then use this info to develop data-driven options to tough enterprise challenges.
Expertise required for Information scientist
- Information visualisation, knowledge migration, and knowledge modelling.
- Information of machine studying.
- Information of programming languages Python, C/C++, Scala, and SQL.
Associated put up: 20 high tech expertise that require no coding
6. DevOps engineer
Common annual wage: ₦3,036,000
A DevOps Engineer combines an understanding of each engineering and coding. They work with varied departments to create and develop techniques inside an organization. From creating and implementing techniques software program to analysing knowledge to enhance current ones, a DevOps Engineer will increase productiveness within the office.
Expertise required for DevOps engineering
- Strong cloud computing expertise, equivalent to database administration and community administration.
- Understanding of Amazon Net Companies (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GPC) and Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of greatest practices relating to system safety measures.
- Superior schooling and software of enterprise evaluation methods and technique.
7. Product managers
Common annual wage: ₦3,198,000
Product managers are chargeable for the technique and blueprint of a product or product line. They’re tasked with discovering the why, what, and when of a product, they usually talk its enterprise worth to a product crew in a transparent, concise approach to make sure the crew understands the aim behind the brand new product or launch. They lead the product crew and all points from the conception of the product to its launch.
Expertise required for Product supervisors
- A/B testing
- Information Evaluation Expertise
- Product Roadmap Improvement
- Market Analysis Expertise
- Fundamental Information of Agile Methodology
8. Database administrator
Common annual wage: ₦3,300,000
Database directors guarantee an organization’s database is operational, safe, and searchable by constructing database techniques based on the specialised roles of their customers, and with regard to the end-users wants and views. They’re chargeable for the storing, organizing, presenting, and utilizing and evaluation of the corporate’s database administration software program. Additionally they carry out checks or modifications to make sure that a database runs and performs appropriately.
Expertise required for Database administrator
- Expertise with Microsoft Vista and SQL Server.
- Expertise with DMLSS, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, UNIX, and DBMS software program and techniques.
- Information of Linux, Oracle Database, Cloud software program and techniques, and Agile. Familiarity with relational databases, backup and restoration, and scripting.
Associated put up: Seven tech expertise to be taught throughout ASUU strike
9. Software program engineer
Common annual wage: ₦3,420,000
Software program engineers write, debug, preserve, and check software program that instructs a pc to perform sure duties, equivalent to saving info, performing calculations, and many others. A software program engineer will convert what must occur into one in all many programming languages.
Expertise required for Software program engineer
- Coding and pc programming.
- Software program testing.
- Object-oriented design (OOD).
- Software program growth.
10. Java developer
Common annual wage: ₦3,600,000
Java builders create quite a lot of net functions (apps) to go to market and fill current buyer orders. You’ll work as a part of a software program growth crew and be chargeable for designing, implementing and sustaining Java functions.
Expertise required for Java developer
- Professional degree in Java programming.
- Expertise in Database administration.
- Expertise in Laptop structure.
- Skilled in growing net functions (apps).