Over the previous 5 a long time, Oakland University’s Faculty of Company Administration has advanced from a small liberal arts enterprise plan in the College of Arts and Sciences to a Department of Economics and Business enterprise Administration to an AACSB-accredited business enterprise faculty supplying undergraduate and graduate small business levels.
“Imbued with the revolutionary spirit of our founders, the Oakland University College of Business Administration is regarded for creating transformational encounters for our students, our companions and our group,” explained Dr. Michael A. Mazzeo, dean and professor of finance at Oakland’s Faculty of Organization Administration.
“Through the swift progress and constant change of the final 50 decades, we have remained targeted on what issues: guaranteeing enterprise pupils and businesses have the knowledge and techniques to triumph and lead.”
The University of Business Administration has professional tremendous expansion in its popularity in the organization and exploration community about the past 50 years, thanks to the operate of its professional college associates and the accomplishment of its graduates in the get the job done globe.
“With a finger on the pulse of rising sector requirements, the School of Business enterprise Administration blazes trails introducing distinctive plans and activities that get ready enterprise graduates with slicing-edge techniques in advance of market place demand from customers,” Mazzeo mentioned. “This entrepreneurial way of thinking coupled with strategic comprehending and the skill to translate ideas into action indicates the OU School of Organization Administration is positioned to go on delivering high-quality systems and exceptional graduates to an evolving worldwide market.”
Some highlights of the earlier 5 many years include things like:
• 1969: The Section of Economics and Business Administration at Oakland College transforms into the Faculty of Economics and Management, offering a B.S. in Administration, such as programs and majors in accounting, finance, advertising, human means management and management information and facts systems.
• 1971: Initial master’s application in business enterprise termed the Grasp of Science in Management starts.
• 1980: Master of Science in Management evolves into the MBA.
• 1986: Board of Trustees approves Faculty of Business Administration as new identify.
• 1988: Earns prestigious accreditation of its undergraduate small business and accounting programs from AACSB-Global.
• 1999: Initial Executive MBA cohort begins lessons.
• 2000: Moves into Elliott Corridor, which is named for Nancy and R. Hugh Elliott.
• 2007: Achieve and Business Scholars packages for undergraduate enterprise learners launches.
• 2010: Stinson University student Progression Middle, which offers a a single-end area featuring pupil providers, meeting and lounging locations, opens.
• 2011: The Tim and Marsha Healy Café opens, serving Elliott Corridor people a range of fresh new meals products and Starbucks items.
• 2011: Tips 2 Small business software commences.
• 2015: $2 million Pupil Managed Financial commitment Fund, run by The Kresge Basis, in new Knowledge Analytics and Buying and selling Ground Lab welcomes initial pupils.
• 2019: Initial Company Honors cohort enrolls.
“On the shoulders of people who came before us, like our dedicated friends, school, personnel, pupils, alumni and supporters, the OU School of Business Administration is poised to realize success for generations to appear,” Mazzeo claimed.
The OU University of Company Administration will commemorate its golden anniversary on Saturday, May possibly 21 at the 50th Golden Gala Celebration, presented by the Elliott Foundation, at the Royal Park Lodge, and at the Celebratory Brunch on Sunday, Might 22 at the Oakland Centre.
For a lot more info about the celebration, take a look at https://www.oakland.edu/business/alumni-buddies/anniversary.